Sunday, August 16, 2009

I Like to Ride my Bicycle, through Holland


The summer is over and I am now back in Manila. However, I have returned to a storm of shit that makes those frogs that Moses sent raining down on Egypt look like a spring shower. Fortunately, for you the reader, this blog is not the proper forum to go into that. Let’s talk about Holland.

After leaving Amsterdam, I worked my south via train, sleeping occasionally but mainly renting bicycles to see the countryside. This worked great until I got to Rotterdam, and then had my bicycle stolen, despite the fact that it had more chains around it than Mr. T. Obviously I wasn’t getting the deposit back, but I figured to keep myself from being charged even more, it was best to flee the country.

Here are 6 pics taken before I become a fugitive.

I sought sanctuary in Dusseldorf, Germany with my Dutch friend Harmen. Harmen has 3 amazing abilities: fast walking, fast talking, and fast drinking. Through this combination, the walking Dutchman convinced me to go back to Amsterdam for another weekend of debauchery. Which I did. We did nothing cultural, and instead remained highly focused on belligerence. Thus, I have no pictures (mercifully) from that final push through the bricked streets of Amsterdam.

No comments: